Saturday, February 9, 2013

Family Balm

As a Christmas gift I decided to make moisturising lotion/massage bars.

Coconut oil, I found out, is extremely good for the skin as is Almond oil. They are both edible and have nourishing properties externally and internally. To make them into a bar or balm they can be added to beeswax.



I made most of it in this heart mould but then put what was left into an old body butter container. It was actually easier to use this way. I gave this to my friends to use with their newborn child but realised that both of them could benefit from it too hence naming it family balm!

Uses include:
- moisturising hands
- cradle cap
- cuts and grazes
- acne healing
- massage

You can find the recipe here.

Now shall I make a salad dressing or a stir fry next?


Share/Bookmark

0 comments:

Post a Comment