Monday, February 28, 2011

Homegrown

My garden is abundant with things to eat at the moment.

Every evening I go down to the garden to collect something for dinner.

I feel just like Annabel Langbein the organic cook (minus the fake ponsonby accent and designer gumboots).

The gherkins have grown incredibly well. I am up to my 4th batch of preserving and I have given some to the neighbours and to a work colleague so that they can pickle their own. The telegraph cucumber is trying to compete!

I am growing beans for the first time and they have climbed right to the top of my bamboo teepee.

The salad ingredients are prolific and my beetroot are growing magnificently.

I have 6 different types of potatoes growing. They all taste so good boiled with a little bit of butter and salt.

The tomatoes have grown better outside this year than in the conservatory yet the chili plants are lapping up the heat.

Gardening and growing from seed is so rewarding.
 
I have plenty to eat and plenty to give away and that's how it should be.





Share/Bookmark

0 comments:

Post a Comment