Friday, January 21, 2011

Jack Daniels and Christmas Cake


This morning I set about making Christmas cake.

Strange I know to be doing this post-holiday season but I have had a real craving for it. I used my father-in-law's secret cake recipe and the alcohol of choice was Jack Daniels - to put in the cake of course! It was a bit early at 10am for a JD's and coke but perhaps if I had used sherry it would have been one for me one for the cake.

Anyway it was super easy to make and has been cooking for the last 2 and 1/2 hours. It sure smells delicious and I cant wait to try it with my cup of tea tomorrow.

My Mum used to always make people Christmas cakes as gifts and what a great idea. Something that lasts (depending on whose eating it!!) well into the holiday season. Great for taking away with you camping or to the bach. And what a great feeling to make something for someone.

And if you would like the recipe you can get it here.
Share/Bookmark

0 comments:

Post a Comment