Sunday, January 15, 2012

Jars of goodness

The baking section of my cupboard was an absolute mess so I decided that putting all the items in jars would not only solve this problem but look cool too.

It all started with the jar with the blue lid which I picked up at the Sallies op-shop for less than $1. It makes the brown sugar look so good that I just want to eat it with a spoon.

While at my local tip shop Trash Palace I thought I would have a look for some similar jars like this one and continue the trend.

Hidden underneath trays and trays of other assorted kitchen items I stumbled across a huge collection of French "Arc" glass jars.

Jackpot!

Once I soaked them and removed the old 70's labels off them they came up looking rather sweet. I have filled them with all my different baking goods. Don't they look good (despite my shonky photography!)



It seems I am not the only person to come across such cool jars. Caroline, the ultimate vintage/second hand shopper also found what looks to be that same jars! You can see her treasure finds at her blog.

Posted by Picasa

Share/Bookmark

0 comments:

Post a Comment