Friday, January 27, 2012

Thrifting in the Hutt

Op shopping (or thrifting) is perhaps one of my favourite pastimes.

I get a huge rush when I find a small "treasure" or two for a small price.

I have to be careful that I only buy things that I need (which can sometimes be hard) but the best thing about this type of shopping is that its ethical and its green. I am buying somebody else's unwanted item therefore I am not contributing to mass consumerism or production. Plus lets face it old stuff is way more cooler.

This particular mission was to find items for the kitchen, namely more Crown Lynn and perhaps some furniture. No luck with the furniture - all a bit too pricey for me to make a decision on by myself.

So here are my finds for this week:



4 beautiful Crown Lynn bowls - $1 each

Crown Lynn dinner plate $2.50

Crown Lynn "Woodglen" dinner plate $2.50

Glass bottles $3.50 each
Recipe book holder - $3
I also got a bunch of chopsticks ($1.50), a small yellow and white striped cake tin ($2.50), a plate stand/stacker ($1.50) and a picture book copy of The Velveteen Rabbit ($1).

Good score!
Share/Bookmark

0 comments:

Post a Comment